Concorde International Guardianships provide a quality care service to international students who are attending schools in the UK.
All overseas students studying in the UK must have an officially appointed legal guardian, someone who looks after their needs whilst abroad.
This is a requirement of the Children’s Acts of 1980 and 1989 for all children receiving full time education for more than 12 weeks. All of our guardian families are also teachers for Concorde International Home Language Tuition.
We have a network of families across the UK so are able to provide a family to offer full care close to the chosen school. We allocate one family to each student to provide responsibility for the welfare and care of the student for the whole period of their studies in the UK.
We charge one single fee per school term which includes the cost of the following:
- Placement of the student into one of our carefully selected partner schools or a school arranged by the agent or the student
- Allocation of guardian family to the student
- Arranging the initial selection interview for the student at the school accompanied by the prospective guardian family
- Assisting with the purchase of all school uniforms, sports and musical equipment as required by the school and the student
- Approving any school purchases with the parents. The cost will be paid directly by the parents along with the school fees
- Registering with a local doctor and dentist and arranging any medical or dental appointments as required
- Assistance in opening a UK bank account for the student
- Police registration at the local police station if required
- Preparation of legal and financial documents for guardianship
- Constant communication between our head office and the chosen guardian with the school
- Arranging accommodation with the guardian families during school holidays and at weekends as required
- Visits to the school by the guardian as required at the request of the school or the student’s parents
- Arranging visits to the school for the parents
- Arranging for any extensions of visas if required
Our fees for all our services are as follows :
|Registration fee (non-refundable)||£125|
|Fees per term for the above services||£750|
|Accommodation with the guardian families||£55 per day|
|Transfers between the school and the guardians *||£55 each way|
|Transfers between the airports and the school *||£65 to £165|
|Additional lessons with our Home Tuition teachers||£28 per hour|
* Transfer costs will vary depending on distance from the school.
We also require a deposit of £500 to cover all extra costs which must be topped up at the end of each term. Costs such as Home Tuition which exceed £500 must be paid for in advance.
Guardianships Code of Practice
- To fully represent the student and take responsibility for all matters of welfare whilst in the UK.
- To make the appropriate decision with professional guidance regarding to emergency medical treatment.
- To represent the interests of the student in the courts of the UK, in the Immigration offices and police and other legal institutions.
- To provide accommodation for the student in case of illness, suspension or expulsion from school.
- To register the student with a local family doctor and arrange public liability insurance cover for the student of not less than GBP one million pounds sterling (£1,000,000.)
- To represent the student’s best interest with the school authorities in the case of academic or pastoral problems.
- To authorise purchase for the student of all items required by the school including school uniform, books and equipment, bedding, telephone cards, sports and musical equipment if approved by the parents. The cost of all purchases from the school will be paid directly by the parents with the school fees.
- To make the necessary travel arrangements between the guardian family and school as required for holiday, parental visits etc.
- To arrange transfers to and collection from the airport for return to their home country for holidays as and when required.
- To ensure that all legal documents and visas are kept up to date and renewed as required.
- To supervise the student’s finances to ensure that the student has adequate funds for daily expenses and that all school bills are paid.
What we require from the parents...
...or agents if appointed by the parents.
To fully authorise Concorde International Guardianships to act on their behalf in relation to any matters as listed above.
Information to Concorde International Guardianships
To use your best efforts to provide us with full and accurate information about the student, their requirements and travel arrangements, as far as possible ensuring that we have any such information before any deadline that we may reasonably set. We also need to know if they have any special needs or learning difficulties.
To arrange insurance cover according to EC guidelines for travel insurance for all students. We have our own policy providing fully comprehensive cover. Details available on request.
To ensure that the payment terms shown in our brochures, or any other agreed arrangement, are adhered to.
To observe our terms and conditions regarding cancellation fees.
- We offer a pre-sessional service for overseas students about to enter into full time education in the UK.
- We use our existing network of Home Tuition teachers and Regional Supervisors across the UK.
- Many of the teachers have been working with us for years and we can guarantee the high standards of care and accommodation that they can offer.
- We offer a full package from the moment the student gets off the plane in the UK. We select a family who will meet them at the airport and take them to their home and then on to their school.
- They can then return to their families for half term and holidays.
- We would recommend a period of between two and three months of Home Language Tuition.
- By following this programme they will have the cultural immersion that they need.
- All this will prepare them for entry in to full time education in the UK.
- We can also arrange for them to take all the necessary exams and tests such as IELTS, Cambridge FCE and Trinity College Examinations in Spoken English.
- We also offer a Guardianship programme.